Monday

May We Have the Envelope Please?



2010 Miss Teen International Top 10

 I was so proud to represent Texas at the Miss Teen International pageant held in Chicago on July 19th-24th, 2010 and even more pleased to announce that I placed 3rd runner- up!

Ashley Smith, Kristin Koether, Me
I have more good news… Ashley Smith (Miss Texas) was crowned Miss International 2010!! During this same week, our wonderful Texas Director, Kristin Koether was named Director of the Year!  

The week started out with an orientation where I got to meet all of the other contestants.  During orientation we were given the opportunity to bring a gown or dress to be donated to Princess Closet, a member of Donate My Dress. Princess Closet and Donate my Dress is devoted to enhancing the lives of financially disadvantaged high school students by making their dreams of attending prom or graduation accessible by providing gowns, shoes, bags and jewelry. It was an honor to participate in this wonderful and meaningful partnership. I donated the first pageant dress that I ever competed in!  Check out www.donatemydress.org for information on where and how to donate in your area.

 

 Me with Jessica Byington

 The rest of the week was jam packed with activities that included a trip to the Navy Pier, a visit to the Boys and Girls Club (this was my favorite), rehearsals, dinners and more rehearsals.  It was an amazing week filled with so many emotions and memories that I don’t think I will ever forget. A million “Thank You’s”  to everyone who supported me over the last few months by sending me encouraging emails, voting online and giving me endless valuable advice as I prepared for this incredible opportunity to compete at Nationals.  

    

Next weekend (August 7th, 2010 ) I will be signing autographs with Mrs. Texas International, Natalie Clegg McLarty at Deer Fest in Wichita Falls and once the school year begins I will be visiting campuses all over Texas promoting a cell phone recycling program  on behalf of The arc of Texas.  As you can see, the hectic schedule of Nationals may be over, but my reign as Miss Teen Texas International keeps me busy as ever!