Monday

The Arc of Greater Tarrant County Community Dance

As a spokesperson for The Arc of Texas I love being invited to make an appearance at one of their many events and  ”take the mike”. I usually introduce myself and tell my personal story of how and why V.I.P.  C.H.I.C. got it’s start. With 38 Arc chapters in Texas, they keep me busy!  Last Friday (May 21, 2010) I was invited to a “Community Connection Dance” hosted by The Arc of Greater Tarrant County.   There were close to 300 in attendance this month and let me tell you…The Arc knows how to throw a dance party! Everyone really made me feel like a rock star from the moment I arrived!  I signed my autograph on everything from hats to arms!  DJ Tom Pollard kept the night hopping by playing top 40 music and requests.  This was really the first dance I had ever been to where everybody was really dancing!   I met a group of break dancers that were nothing short of amazing! They tried to teach me to dance but u can’t teach rhythm, lol!! It was like prom all over again. One of the things I loved best was that there were no intellectual or physical barriers, just everybody having fun.  And I won’t lie… my feet were killing me at the end of the night, but I can’t wait until the dance in June!