Wednesday

2010 San Antonio Buddy Walk

The weekend of September 25th, was filled with many firsts for me. It was my very first Buddy Walk, the first time my dad did an appearance with me, and my first time meeting Gordon Hartman, founder of Morgan’s Wonderland. I also got to meet Morgan Hartman (Gordon’s daughter) who was the inspiration for the world’s first ultra accessible theme park for individual of all abilities.  Mrs. Texas International 2010, Natalie Clegg McLarty, Texas International Director, Kirsten Koether and I showed our support for the walk in our matching red “Team International” jerseys. This year the San Antonio buddy walk was held at Heroes stadium. If you are not familiar with the Buddy Walk, the money raised benefit individuals with Down syndrome and their families through local programs and services, in addition to supporting national leadership in education, research and advocacy. The walk is only a mile, but when you get 1,000 people together it is a very energetic mile! After the walk, Natalie and I signed autographs and took pictures. We had a lot of fun as usual and I will definitely be attending next years Buddy Walk!