Saturday

Stars of The Arc Celebrity Style Show

April 29, 2011

My first official appearance as Miss Texas Galaxy is very special to me because I invited by The Arc of Greater Beaumont as a guest speaker for the “Star’s of The Arc Celebrity Style Show & Annual Dinner”.  The Celebrity Style Show is well anticipated by Arc members and by the community as well.
There were over 800 in attendance!
In true Beaumont style there was fashion, food and great company. The evening event was Emceed by none other than Bob and Kelli Phillips. Bob is known for his radio show “The Texas
County Reporter” and Kelli is a news anchor for Channel 6 in Beaumont.
Mayor of Beaumont, Becky Ames and me!
Before the “Celebrity models” could strut their stuff, The Arc of Greater Beaumont honored four community leaders for their outstanding achievements and dedication. The honorees included J. Coffy Pieternelle M.D. (Southeast Texas OB/GYN) , Becky Ames ( Mayor of Beaumont),  Cindy Bloodsworth ( One of the founding members of the Arc of Greater Beaumont), and Kirksey’s Sprint Printing. Sara Leonard and Matthew Bloodsworth were also honored with the Arc Excellence in Leadership & Self Advocacy Award. Congratulations to all Honorees.
Me with a few Celebrity models Brandi, Sara and Allison














 As the lights went down, the music was turned up and the fabulous Celebrity Style Show began! The celebrity models are Arc members and wore sponsored outfits from Dillard’s and Macy’s. Everyone really worked the runway, but I must say the guys really got into it! Once again I have to brag on the Arc of Greater Beaumont for putting on such a beautiful and fun event. I had the time of my life. Thank you so much for including me and for the wonderful memories that I took home!