Monday

Elite Lone Star Pageant

May 1st, 2011




It’s no secret that I love everything about pageants. When I’m not on stage competing you can find me either in the audience cheering on my friends, or sitting at the judges table.  On May 1st, 2011 I had the opportunity to travel to Austin, TX to judge the Elite USA’s Lone Star State pageant.  As a former Elite USA title holder I was thrilled to be invited back as a judge. In pageantry, you always have to be prepared for the unexpected, but competing in a venue that has just lost its air conditioning can be a girl’s worst nightmare! I must admit I was truly impressed with how the girls tolerated the very warm conditions. As my hair slowly lost its curl to the heat and humidity, each contestant competed with a big smile and never let it show how hot they must have been in their long dresses! Great job girls!



Congratulations to each of the winners and good luck to all of the girls who will be competingat Elite USA Nationals in San Antonio in June. I’ll be there to cheer you on!