Friday

Texas Perfect Pageant

May 22nd, 2011




Me with Michael Galanes
One of the most challenging and rewarding parts about competing in pageants is shopping for the “perfect” competition wardrobe. Each pageant system is known for the specific style of wardrobe that they prefer for each area of competition.  For example, some pageant systems prefer conservative gowns and fashion wear for their Teen contestants, and some pageants use aerobic fitness wear in place of swimsuits.  Sometimes it’s hard to find exactly what you think the judges will like or what they have been told to look for. Everything I thought I knew about pageants was thrown out the door when I attended the Texas Perfect Pageant on May 22nd, 2011. In this pageant system the contestants have free reign to choose whatever they feel is “perfect” to wear in each phase of competition. The contestants are encouraged to express their own sense of style.  At the National Perfect Miss/Perfect Teen pageant expect the unexpected because you just might see wild and fun outfits onstage as well as props such as exotic live animals! I must admit that this was the most fun I have ever had watching a pageant. One might even forget that this is a pageant and not a supermodel runway fashion show!
The creator and National Director behind this high energy pageant system is the charismatic Michael Galanes. Mr. Galanes emceed the Texas pageant, and moments before the new winners were crowned he invited me onstage to introduce myself and my title as Miss Texas Galaxy. As visiting royalty I was asked to remain on stage and help crown the winners!  Congrats to all the girls who won their age divisions and good luck as you travel to Florida in August to compete at Nationals.
Me with Laura Lucart
Me with Paige Elkins