Friday

"Splash" Water Balloon Fight for Children's Cancer

Thank you to all of the "Splash" volunteers!



Me with Mike Stevens, event organizer
In the blistering 100 degree Texas summer heat, I always look forward to cooling off!  A day at the lake or a dip in our backyard pool usually do the trick. When I heard about a water balloon fight being held at Tarrant County Community College, I knew I had to check it out.  The 1st Annual Water Balloon Fight was the brain child of Mike Stevens. His idea was to help raise money for children fighting cancer, by hosting the world’s largest water balloon fight.  I loved this idea so much, that I brought my whole family with me.  My family is very competitive, so I knew they wouldn’t say no to a chance to throw balloons at each other. Especially if it were for charity!  Let me say it was pretty fun throwing water balloons at my dad without getting in trouble! According to Guinness, the actual record for the biggest fight is 3927. Sadly, we didn’t break the world record that day, but we start a new tradition and had fun trying! All money raised was donated to Cook Children’ Hospital’s Oncology Department.  If you want to help children fighting cancer and want to participate in the next  balloon fight, check out www.balloonfight.org .  See you there!